What is a Certified Arborist?
An arborist by definition is an individual who is trained in the art and science of planting, caring for, and maintaining individual trees. ISA arborist certification is an international, nongovernmental, voluntary process by which individuals can document their base of knowledge. Certified Arborists are individuals who have achieved a high level of knowledge in the art and science of tree care through experience in years and by passing a comprehensive examination developed by some of the world's leading experts on tree care.
ALWAYS CHECK THAT AN 'ARBORIST'S' OR TREE CLIMBER'S CREDENTIALS ARE CURRENT. ID CARDS ARE AN INTEGRAL PART OF A TREE WORKER'S EQUIPMENT.
Check a Aborist's Credentials Here: ISA ARBORIST SEARCH AND CREDENTIALS
Why Hire an Arborist?
Arborists specialize in the care of individual trees. They are knowledgeable about the needs of trees, and are trained and equipped to provide proper care to a high standard with current training and scientific research. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability in safety and investment. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.
Services an Arborist can Provide
- Pruning. An arborist can determine the type of pruning necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance, and safety of trees.
- Tree Removal. Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An arborist can help decide whether a tree should be removed.
- Emergency Tree Care. An arborist can assist in performing emergency tree care in a safe manner, while reducing further risk of damage to property.
- Planting. Some arborists plant trees, and most can recommend species that are appropriate for a particular location.
- Plant Health Care. Preventive maintenance helps keep trees in good health while reducing any insect, disease, or site problems.
- Many other services. Consulting services, tree risk assessment, cabling and bracing trees, etc.